Wednesday, February 07, 2007

sick days and silly games

I came home from work sick yesterday. I feel kind of lame about it, because I didn't have a fever, and it wasn't a stomach bug, and I could function fairly normally (more or less)...but my throat was sore and scratchy, even as I was actively engaged in drinking water. And I felt tired and had no energy. I just didn't feel that great.

So I came home at lunchtime and decided to take a nap around 3:00 or 3:30. I didn't wake up until almost 6:00 p.m. A one-hour nap is pretty long for me, and the only time I sleep longer than that is if I've only gotten four or five hours of sleep the night before. I assumed that a near-three-hour nap would certainly have an adverse effect on my ability to fall asleep later in the night. Not so: I was out by 11:00 and didn't get up until 9:00 this morning. It's a whole lot of sleeping for a 24-hour period...but I felt much better by the time I showered and got dressed for work. I'm still not sure I'm quite 100%, but significantly better than yesterday.

Meanwhile, I have found (or, rather, have been shown) the computer game equivalent of crack cocaine. I've spent far too much time in the past 48 hours (maybe more, but that's all I'll admit to) playing Bubble Trouble. I have Nancy to thank for that. (Side note: you should read Nancy's blog - it's better than mine.) Go ahead, try Bubble Trouble: I know it's a ridiculous, simple, silly game, and maybe it will seem pointless to you...but getting past Level 11 is suddenly of grave importance to me.

No comments: