Saturday, July 21, 2007

the end begins

It is currently about 20 of 2:00 in the morning. The flight for our youth mission trip to Alaska leaves in less than 12 hours.

Exciting, to be sure. But so is the fact that the final Harry Potter book is now in-hand. Like true book-nerds, Nancy and I ventured to Barnes and Noble at 11:30 p.m. for the midnight sale. We joined a crowd of approximately 700 other people (no exaggeration) equally excited about the final installment of the series.

I have to give credit to Barnes and Noble: we were near the end of the line, and it took us less than an hour to wend our way through the entire store to the cashier's desk. Pretty efficient...and, truth be told, shorter than most of my browsing trips to B&N.

I'm off to read a few pages before bed. Looking forward to spending the better part of three long plane rides reading. Being the relatively slow reader that I am, I'm thankful that I'll be in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness for a week and a half where no one can spoil any of the book for me. If only I can make it through the airports tomorrow, I should be home free...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY. i'm so glad we went. i've considered calling you 2039482304 times already to discuss the end.

lauren said...

you two crack me up. (hey nancy pants! i just made that up now.) chris, is that for real a gryffindor tshirt? hope alaska is going well...

Unknown said...

So glad to know you're in the blogosphere too. I posted a link to Here's the Thing on mine. Your photos from the Sudan are excellent!