Sunday, December 04, 2005

crossing the weekend finish line

My brain is fried. Went to a dental/med school party with some friends on Friday night. Saturday morning bluegrass rehearsal with Oak Lane. Singing gig for a choir fundraiser Saturday night. Three services of singing today, with youth group tacked onto the end. I can only think in lists, so here are some random thoughts from the weekend:

1. I love Advent, and I love the discrepancy between the liturgical season of Advent and the secular "shopping season" of Christmas. We had our Lessons and Carols service tonight - every year, it really marks the beginning of the season for me. An hour of quiet reflection and music in an otherwise hectic time of year.

2. Did you see the Duke v. Va. Tech game tonight? I mean, did you SEE THAT?!?! Absolutely ridiculous and insane - who makes that kind of shot under that kind of pressure?

3. Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many pounds of fur my dog has shed all over my house in the past two and a half years? There is Scout hair everywhere, no matter how often I sweep and vacuum.

4. How come recycling only gets picked up once every two weeks? If you forget a week, you have a month's worth of recycling to put out. And that's a huge pain in the ass.

5. It's supposed to snow around here tonight...but Richmond is right in the "wintry mix" band on the radar. It always snows in Ashland, rains in Petersburg - and we get slush. Sweet. Maybe it will be enough to keep me out of staff meeting tomorrow morning.

I'm going to bed. It's been a fun, busy weekend...but I'm done.

No comments: